Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Colour me Confused....

Hello Dhaaarlings...

Being the talented Quilter and designer that I am... I am always working with 

COLOUR...



Sometimes I get to thinking about how COLOU impacts on people and what favourite colours say about peoples personalities




What does COLOUR say about you?

Here are some excerpts...

Pink: This color embodies the gentler qualities of Red, symbolizing love and affection without passion. Women who prefer Pink tend to be maternal. Pink desires protection, special treatment and a sheltered life. Pink people require affection and like to feel loved and secure, perhaps wanting to appear delicate and fragile. Pink people tend to be charming and gentle, if a trifle indefinite.
Orange: This color of luxury and pleasure appeals to the flamboyant and fun-loving person who likes a lively social round. Orange people may be inclined to dramatize a bit, and people notice them, but they are generally good-natured and popular. They can be a little fickle and vacillating, but on the whole they try hard to be agreeable. Orange is the color of youth, strength, fearlessness, curiosity and restlessness.
Yellow: The color of happiness, wisdom and imagination, Yellow is chosen by the mentally adventurous, searching for novelty and self-fulfillment. Yellow usually goes with a sunny and shrewd personality, with a good business head and a strong sense of humor. It is the color of intellectuality and all things to do with the mind. Yellow folks are usually clear and precise thinkers who have a good opinion of their own mental capacities and who have lofty ideals. They may at times tend to shun responsibility, preferring freedom of thought and action.
Green: The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere. Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price. Green people can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, so they may get exploited by others. They are usually refined, civilized and reputable.
Read More HERE


Because I'm a kaleidoscope sort of guy... I get quite Confused...







6 comments:

  1. As you know, I adore ALL colours of the rainbow however, I'll choose BLUE for today.

    I see that blues are "suspicious of flamboyant behavior."

    It says orange "appeals to the flambloyant."

    And we all know how Mr. DeVice LOVES orange.

    Therefore, I sense friction betwixt myself and Mr. DeVice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fickle? Pah! Just because I've spent 10 minutes chopping and changing my mind as to which of these colour descriptions accurately reflects my personalities is neither here, nor there.

    What I have learned, however, is that Blue-Green seems best to suit you, Mistress, not Blue.
    Blue-Green: Exacting, discriminating, poised and attractive, the Blue-Green person tends to be sensitive, intellectual and refined, persevering and stable if rather detached. Blue-Greens have excellent taste, and are usually courteous and charming, capable but often refusing help or guidance.

    Hang on a minute... That description seems to be rather complimentary!

    * rethinks choice *

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I DO have a lot of blue-green in my life...it's true.

    I'm not sure that it's fair that you have multiple personalities and therefore can select multiple colour choices.

    Why are you complimenting me when you should be chatting up CyberPete to get that autographed photo at the auction?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dare not look at what my favorite color choices mean, sugar! *sigh* xoxoxoox

    p.s. good news over at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No MCW today, dear Princess?

    ReplyDelete