Monday, March 7, 2011

We're not in Hogsmede Anymore...



Hello Dhaaarlings...


While partaking of some fresh air on a midday stroll... diligently focussed on dodging doggy droppings... used syringes... and the occasional drunkard/beggar type... 

Princess suddenly looked up from her most hazardous of journeys...

 and was suddenly stopped spellbound by the vision that met my eyes...






Could it possibly be the "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" 

I could see before me in the distance?

My heart leapt with anticipation...

Gathering my skirts and hastening my steps I quickened my pace toward the object of my enquiry...

What an excitement... Hogwarts... Here in Bendigo...







But alas... My hopes lay dashed upon the sandstone steps... 

for it was only the Sacred Heart Cathedral...

Not a broomstick to be seen... Imagine my dismay..

And I was so looking forward to taking in a game of Quidditch ...


8 comments:

  1. That's a very impressive cathedral. And all the better for the lack of irritating, airbourne whippersnappers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool gargoyles!
    Sorry about the syringes, dear Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope one didn't trip over ones petticoats darrrrrrling.

    One knows only too well how that would look to the commoners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mr De Vice

    "That's a very impressive cathedral. And all the better for the lack of irritating, airbourne whippersnappers!"

    Yes... it is quite impressive, and can be seen on the sky-line for miles around town.

    I was looking so forward to a session with a couple of "beaters" tho...

    Dear Mago

    "Cool gargoyles!
    Sorry about the syringes, dear Princess."


    The gargoyles are one of the highlights I think... and the spire is pretty impressive as well...

    As for the syringes... they unfortunately... are a part of the world we live in today...

    Dearest Petra

    " I do hope one didn't trip over ones petticoats darrrrrrling.

    One knows only too well how that would look to the commoners."


    I was very lucky not to trip in my haste...
    But I was fine after dislodging myself from the vice-like grip of an elderly drunkard I had been attempting to.... er... assist...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not seen any of the Harry Potter stuff, so without a clue on that connection.

    Whenever I'm in Oz, I'm enchanted with everything and everyone there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's easy to see how you were confused.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you get a look at the large organ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear XL

    "I've not seen any of the Harry Potter stuff, so without a clue on that connection."

    Not to worry Xl witches and wizards are not to everyone's liking....

    "Whenever I'm in Oz, I'm enchanted with everything and everyone there!"

    Why... thank you kind Sir...
    For the most part... we in Oz can be very accommodating for our visitors. Unless of course you arrive by unauthorized boat... that is sadly a whole different story...
    One of which I am not particularly proud of.... The words Detention and Christmas Island come directly to mind....

    Dear Boxer

    'It's easy to see how you were confused."

    Thank you. But the resemblance is quite uncanny is it not?

    Dear MJ

    "Did you get a look at the large organ?"

    I was hoping to. But alas... Ms Roses seems to have nicked it in your honour.

    Unfortunately this Cathedral is somewhat less endowed...Despite it's external proportions....

    ReplyDelete