Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Now Showing at "The Palais"....


Hello Dhaarlings...

It's Movie Clip Wednesday again already and


Has come up with another great theme for Wednesday 10th November 2010

"Favourite Coming of Age Movie"

Clickerate on the link above and pop on over to "Crown on the Rocks" and see how you too can join in all the Wednesday Madness of this weekly meme.
Our very busy host is always happy to see you....

For this week I chose the movie
"The 40 Year-Old Virgin"
This is one of the funniest yet in some ways quite moving coming of age movies.
Starring Steve Carell as the hapless Andy who finds himself still a virgin at 40
and the lovely Catherine Keener...Trish at 40 and a mother of 3 as his sreious love interest.

"Helped" along by his mates at work, who take it upon themselves as their duty to do something about Andy's terrible predicament...
The movie holds great premise as a vehicle for some fantastic lines and interesting problem solving activities...
The one-liners and banter from the supporting cast are superlative...





Now that reminds me... I'm off for a chest waxing...
Happy Mmmmmcw!

5 comments:

  1. I walked in on this movie somewhere in the middle, watched about 15 minutes and that was it.

    Will you be having the full back, sack and crack waxing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get into this movie... I tried...
    Best coming of age movie?
    Zoolander!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick Princess. I never thought of it as a coming of age movie but it really is. Catherine Keener makes my loins ache. Happy MCW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Princess,

    Well I'm 3 for 3 today, this is another one I haven't seen.

    Thanks for your suggestions about the soil for the potatoes. I think that's what the problem was. Next year we're going to try some in tires with a more suitable soil mixture.

    Happy clip day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A 40 year old coming of age movie? Why not. Definitely a left field choice but a great choice none the less. I never realized the waxing scene was real.

    Happy MCW!

    ReplyDelete