Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Now Showing at "The Palais"....

Hello Dhaaarlings...


It's Wednesday again...
And this weeks theme for the 13th October 2010 is...

"Favourite Disney Movie (Non Animated)"

Thank you to MilkRiver Madman for another great theme this week... 
And for still holding them reins for Boxer as Madman continues as our current host of Movie Clip Wednesday

Initially... I thought Disney only do mostly animation these days don't they?
But hell was I wrong...Check out a list for yourself here 

Most of you probably have already...

So anyway where was I?... Oh that's right...The theme...

  I went trolling back through the cesspit of my mind in search of something by Disney from the past...

Then I suddenly remembered, a movie that I had once again seen at the local drive- in as a kid.
It was called "The Computer that wore Tennis Shoes"
It sounds like a pretty long winded and crazy name for a movie but hey it was the 60's...

Here's the Trailer 





The story goes something like this....

So a group of college students manage to persuade the town's big businessman, A. J. Arno (Caesar Romero) to donate a computer to their college.

 When the problem- student, Dexter Riley...(A very young Kurt Russell) tries to fix the computer, he gets an electric shock and his brain turns to a computer... so now he remembers everything he reads.

Unfortunately... he also remembers information which was in the computer's memory, like the illegal business Arno is involved in.


Heres a cute little clip to demonstrate the problem


Well the result is that Dexter becomes a "Brainiac"
 and gets the school into the finals of a TV quiz show.

In the mean time Arno realises that the Kid has all this stuff in his head about his business dealings and so kidnaps Dexter.

There's a chase scene when Dexters' mates rescue him...Good verses Evil and all.... thus thwarting Arno in persuing his criminal rackets.

They get Dexter back to the competition just in time... but will he still have his new found powers and be able to save the day?

Honestly... I can't remember but hey... I do remember Kurt Russell...

Happy MCW Dhaarlings...

9 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that one.

    If I were to pick, I'd choose Enchanted although that's not entirely non animated. I also kind of like High School Musical but shhhhhh don't tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of "The Computer that wore Tennis Shoes" either.

    I would choose Mary Poppins. I saw it as a kid and then I think i've seen it 5 times more. I always wanted to fly with my umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, dear Princess - totally unrelated to the movie-day - I just found this book, maybe it is of some interest for you? Interesting photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of it either.

    The Cat From Outer Space and Digby, The Biggest Dog In The World were firm favourites of mine, though I'm not sure if the latter was a Disney film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the Witch Mountain movies. They were fun.

    I've never heard of that movie.

    Kurt Russel...meh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh crikey yes, The Witch mountain movies - wasn't Elizabeth Taylor in some of those...?
    I liked Bedknobs and Broomsticks... I think Brue Forsyth had a cameo role, but I will have to check.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You blogger jinxed the Madman! This is one of my all-time favorite (by the way - that's how favorite is spelled) Curt Russell movies. I watched this as a kid and thought the whole computer plot was fascinating for it's time.

    Interesting fact - this was the first movir to use the word "computer" in it's title. And does anyone use the phrase "tennis shoes" anymore? How far we've come.

    Happy MCW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not quite blog jinx but close. The movie ends with Russell not being able to remember but his sidekick Skyler does. Classic theater. Happy MCW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the Jinx but I've never heard of the movie. Like Leni, I went with Mary Poppins :)

    ReplyDelete